The IBBS Graduate Oath
As a leader I recognize my role in wider society.
My purpose is to lead people and manage resources sustainably and ethically to create value that no single individual can create alone.
My decisions may affect the well-being of individuals inside and outside my organisation, today and tomorrow. Therefore, I promise that:
- I will manage my organisation(s), business(es), and project(s) with loyalty and care, and will not advance my personal interests at the expense of my organisation and/or wider society.
- I will understand and uphold, in letter and spirit, the laws and contracts governing my conduct and that of my organisation(s), business(es), and project(s).
- I will refrain from corruption, unfair competition, or practices harmful to society.
- I will protect the human rights and dignity of all people affected by my organisation(s), business(es), and project(s), and I will oppose discrimination and exploitation.
- I will protect the right of future generations to advance their standard of living and enjoy a healthy planet.
- I will report the performance and risks of my organisation(s), business(es), and project(s) accurately and honestly.
- I will invest in developing myself and others, helping the profession continue to advance and create sustainable and inclusive prosperity.
In exercising my professional duties according to these principles, I recognize that my behaviour must set an example of integrity, eliciting trust and esteem from those I serve. I will remain accountable to my peers and to society for my actions and for upholding these standards. This oath I make freely, and upon my honour.